Welcome to Alberta Farm Animal Care
Alberta Farm Animal Care Association or AFAC was started in 1993 by Alberta livestock producers. Throughout the past 20 plus years AFAC has developed into the collective voice of the livestock industry on matters of livestock welfare. AFAC has provided a coordinated approach for all areas of livestock production to work together to advance and promote responsible livestock care.
Vision & Mission
Alberta Farm Animal Care works to ensure farm animals in Alberta are respected, well-cared for and experience a high state of welfare through collaboration with and support of our members.
To promote best practices in care and handling, by working collaboratively towards continual improvement in responsible livestock care. Engaging the public to build trust through transparency.
- AFAC believes it is an ethical and social responsibility to raise and handle livestock in ways that result in a high state of animal welfare.
- AFAC is an impactful, proactive organization that helps to communicate the principles of farm animal care and welfare.
- AFAC is committed to open and fair communication.
- AFAC influences improvement in farm animal welfare through our discussions and work with stakeholders in animal agriculture.
- AFAC engages with consumers in a transparent manner to enhance public confidence in farm animal care.
- AFAC believes collaboration with all animal agriculture organizations and stakeholders is crucial to the advancement of our vision and mission.
- AFAC supports continuous improvement in farm animal welfare by encouraging respect and compassion for farm animals and the implementation of science-based best practices.
2021 Annual Report