Maternity leave position covering – Marketing and Communications Coordinator
- The Marketing and Communications Coordinator internship is a four-month position with the possibility of extending it to six or 12 months. This unique internship provides an opportunity to work with stakeholders from across the farm and food industry in Alberta.
- Animal agriculture in Alberta and Canada is becoming increasingly proactive, working to improve the connection between people and the food they eat. The intern will develop and deliver communications about animal agriculture with a focus on animal care and welfare, promoting best practices and the forward-thinking nature of much of today’s animal agriculture industry.
- This will be a remote-based position with one in-person meeting in the Calgary or High River area once a week. Accommodations may be available for someone in a remote location
- Curate and maintain AFAC social media channels with assistance from AFAC staff
- Assist in planning the 2020 Livestock Care Conference – requesting sponsorship, contacting speakers, etc.
- Some writing and content development
- Event promotion for events throughout the internship period
- Attendance at industry and public events representing AFAC throughout the province
- Assist in day-to-day administration tasks and other duties as required
- Must have experience using OneDrive, proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress
- Degree or diploma in Communications, Marketing, Animal Science or a related field is preferred, or related experience
$20 / hour full time from June 1 – September 30 2019
Please send resume and cover letter to Annemarie Pedersen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.