Term: July 3, 2023 – August 31, 2023
30 hours per week.
Location: This is a remote position but some travel is required for extension events. Candidates must be located in Alberta, as the majority of events and programs requiring travel take place across the province.
Details: We are looking for a dynamic team member to join us for the summer to support our event and extension outreach initiatives.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Represent AFAC and present to the public at events such as the Calgary Stampede and Open Farm Days
- Manage event booth set up, execution, and tear down
- Support Extension Coordinator in tasks such as article research, fact checking and extension development
- Support Communications Coordinator with content from events for social media
- Class 5 non GDL licence to commute to and from events as required
- High school diploma
- Interest in animal welfare
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Must be between the ages of 18-30
- Ability to work remotely, based in the Calgary area
To Apply: email resumes and cover letters to Sarah Linde, Extension Coordinator, at sa[email protected] with the subject line Summer Student Application.
Deadline to Apply: June 28th, 2023 at 5:00 PM