Communications and Marketing Lead – Maternity Leave Coverage
Term: July 2022 to January 2023
Half-time position – 20 hours/week
The Marketing and Communications Lead is a key role in connecting with the organization with stakeholders, partners and members as well as supporting online program delivery.
– Writing and content development for AFAC newsletter/public AFAC events and workshops/other external publications as needed.
– Public-facing event planning and promotion during maternity leave period.
– Promotion to be in conjunction with Social Media manager and Communications & Marketing Assistant
– Host virtual events as needed including facilitation and set-up
– Membership management including new member on-boarding, current membership follow up, and end of year membership drive. Management also includes membership databank updates and maintenance.
– Planning and coordination of ongoing Urban Hen virtual program, including hosting evening workshops and assisting with registration launches/troubleshooting.
– Assist in planning the 2023 Livestock Care Conference – requesting sponsorship, contacting speakers, developing publicity campaign, etc.
– Quarterly newsletter coordination and distribution.
– Oversee website updates and publications
– Oversee and project manage for Communications & Marketing Assistant
– Assist in day-to-day administration tasks and other duties as required.
– Attend industry and public events representing AFAC, if located in Alberta some of these events may be in-person.
Applicant should have 3-5 years Mar/Comms experience; strong writing skills; be able to work independently; and delegate work to coordinator; familiarity with various communications programs such as Microsoft Office Suite, MailChimp, Canva, Zoom and Eventbrite or Cvent. Stakeholder engagement and sponsorship development experience an asset. Knowledge of the livestock industry an asset.
Remote position – Must have computer, telephone, and reliable internet access.
To Apply – Please send resumes to Annemarie Pedersen at [email protected]